God has blessed us all with unique gifts and talents. As Christians, we are expected to use our spiritual gifts to serve others and to glorify God. Jesus, himself, came to Earth to serve, rather than to be served. By serving others, we show our love for them as well as God’s love. Serving is also a great way to get connected within the life of the church. Below is a listing of many ways in which you can get involved and volunteer at Covenant. Please consider serving in at least one of these capacities. Many find that in their mission to bless others, it is actually themselves who are richly blessed.
Interested in serving?
There are a number of ways in which you can become a volunteer.
- Contact Wendy Hicks, Director of Serving, for a listing of all opportunities or for placement help
- Contact the staff member in charge of the ministry area in which you’d like to serve
- Pick up a serving commitment card in the church lobby, complete it, and drop it in the offering plate or return it to the church office
- Attend the next Growth Track for more information about the church and serving opportunities
Current serving needs:
- Adult Small Group Facilitator/Host
- Tech Booth Volunteer – all services (training is provided) – this is a great way to serve “behind the scenes” at Covenant
- Special Events Volunteer (Easter Carnival, Women’s Conference, Rummage Sale, CovFest, etc.)
- Hospitality Team Volunteer (greeters & ushers) – all services
- Welcome Sign Holders – all services
- Parking Lot Attendant – all services and special events